KB’s Space!

Mommy to an angel

18w5d :: Amnio Results November 18, 2009

Well, I know I have been absolutely horrible. You would think that being on bedrest would allow me more time to blog but I have found myself being completely exhausted with no energy to even type on the computer. But I’m back in action, kind of, for today that is!

So much has happened in the last few weeks that I’m not sure where to start.

During our 15th week, we were told that we were having an 80% girl! haha yes, there was still a 20% chance of her not being a little girl. After another ultrasound at 16 weeks, we were again confirmed that she was 80% girl!

During our 17th week we got our amnio done with our maternal fetal specialist. It honestly was not as bad as I thought it would be. It only hurt a little bit, mostly when they were going through my AB muscles. But once it was in, you couldn’t feel much.

I’m now 18 weeks (and 5 days) and today we got our Amnio results back. Rylee’s chromosomes came back absolutely perfect, perfect and PINK!! She is definantly a little princess!
She does however have 0- blood type and the antibody issue. This means that my body sees 0- blood as a “foreign body” and attacks it. So technically I’m allergic to her blood type. My red blood cells may attack her red blood cells and cause her to be anemic which in utero if left un monitored can cause death for the baby.

My MFM doctor is going to do weekly ultrasounds to monitor her blood flow and make sure that she is not becoming anemic. If she shows signs of becoming anemic they will do in-utero blood transfusions to offsest that. Our doctors are very optimistic that it will not end in IUTs but of course there are always possibilites of that being the case. So now it’s just a waiting game.

I am trying to stay positive. Right now, Rylee and I are healthy. And I am holding on to that. A Good friend told me today that being forewarned is being forearmed. We have the tools necissary to monitor this and take care of it. I’m just going to take it day by day and make sure to enjoy every single moment I have to be with Rylee. We’ve learned quickly that you just never know, and to cherish all moments. So I look forward to seeing my precious princess every single week!

I will update with our ultrasound on Friday at 9 am!!

Advertisements
 

One Response to “18w5d :: Amnio Results”

  1. Rebekah Says:

    I’m so glad they’re monitoring you and Rylee closely!! Keep us posted.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s